LabKey Software is hiring exceptional people who will help scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. Our team partners directly with leading biomedical researchers working to prevent and treat a wide range of diseases (HIV, cancer, diabetes, auto-immune diseases, asthma, allergies, and others); we learn their research and develop solutions to their data management and analytical challenges. We release everything we develop as open-source software, accelerating research in labs and networks throughout the world. We are serious about developing high quality software, delivering innovative solutions, and contributing to the research community, but we're just as committed to maintaining a collaborative and flexible work environment where everyone has fun while solving hard problems.
LabKey Software is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with an additional development office in San Diego.
Learn more about our company at www.labkey.com or visit our open-source community for more details on our software at www.labkey.org.
Ready for a rewarding career where your work could improve people's lives? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please include your desired position in the subject line. Principals only; we will not respond to recruiters.
Also, we're growing quickly, so if one of our typical roles is your dream job, we'd love to hear from you.
LabKey is a fantastic place to work with a cohesive team that enjoys working together. We offer a truly flexible work schedule. You are paid for every hour you work, no matter where or when that happens. You choose your own vacation and holiday schedule. Other benefits include medical, vision, life and LTD insurance, FSA, 401(k), bonus plan, and paid sick time.
Software Test Automation Engineer, Seattle or San Diego - posted 2/10/14
As a Software Test Automation Engineer (also known as Software Design Engineer in Test or SDET), you will work with our team and customers to understand requirements, design solutions, and ensure a high quality product at all points during the development process. Our ideal candidate will have significant experience in testing web applications at the user interface, internal API, and client API levels, and be comfortable working with developers and other team members to improve our testing process.
- Develop and maintain automated tests, including unit, integration, and functional tests
- Translate client requirements into test plans
- Perform manual testing at the user interface and API levels
- Communicate clearly and consistently with clients and other team members on an ongoing basis
- Learn the science necessary to understand client data, methods, and work flows
- Interest in working with a growing software development team
We’re a small and flexible team, so we don’t have specific levels or titles to attach to this opening. We’re open to candidates with a wide range of experience. That said, in addition to a strong track record of working hard, taking ownership and learning new technologies quickly, you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Three years (or more) professional test automation experience
- Strong ability to develop and implement extensive test coverage
- Understanding of modern software development principles including object-oriented design
- Familiarity with Java-based server technologies (Java, Spring, Tomcat) and relational databases (Postgres, SQLServer)
- Experience with testing frameworks and related technologies (Selenium, JUnit, TeamCity, Clover)
- Experience solving bioinformatics problems (preferred)
- Authorization to work in the US - we are unable to sponsor work visas
- Availability to work in Seattle or San Diego- we are unable to sponsor interview trips or offer relocation compensation
About LabKey Software
Founded in 2005 by former Microsoft, Amazon, and BEA Systems technical leaders, LabKey Software solves complex, high-throughput data management problems for leading biomedical researchers. We build solutions tailored to our clients' needs by extending our secure, scalable, open-source platform for collaborative research. Our work benefits from and contributes to the open-source community, building an ever-more powerful and capable platform, available to everyone.
Located in South Lake Union in Seattle and near Balboa Park San Diego, LabKey provides competitive pay, benefits and a flexible work schedule. We were recently recognized as a "Best Workplace" finalist by the Puget Sound Business Journal. LabKey is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our software, visit www.labkey.org.