We're looking for exceptional people to help scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. Our team partners directly with biomedical researchers working to prevent and treat a wide range of diseases (HIV, cancer, diabetes, auto-immune diseases, asthma, allergies, and others); we learn about their science and unique needs, and develop solutions to their data management and analytical challenges. We release everything we develop as open-source software, accelerating research in labs and networks throughout the world. We are serious about developing high quality software, delivering innovative solutions, and contributing to the research community, but we're just as committed to maintaining an enjoyable, collaborative and flexible work environment.
LabKey Software is headquartered in Seattle, with a development office in San Diego.
Learn more about our company at www.labkey.com or visit our open-source community for more details on our software at www.labkey.org.
We're growing quickly, so if another of our typical roles is your dream job we'd love to hear from you.
We offer a truly flexible work schedule. You are paid for every hour you work, no matter where or when that happens. You choose your own vacation and holiday schedule. We actually have fun at work with lunch outings, Whiskey Thursdays, release parties, and more. Other benefits include medical, vision, life and LTD insurance, FSA, 401(k), bonus plan, and paid sick time. Most importantly, LabKey is a great place to work with a cohesive team that truly enjoys what they're doing.
Program Manager, Seattle or San Diego
As a Program Manager at LabKey Software you will help us build the leading open source software for organizing, analyzing and sharing scientific data. Our customers include top scientists researching HIV, Diabetes, Cancer and other diseases. You will work with our team and customers to understand requirements, design solutions and help manage the software development and delivery process.
- Learn the science necessary to understand client data, methods, and work flows
- Collaborate with clients to translate scenarios into software requirements
- Create specifications describing desired features and iterate with developers to design solutions
- Work directly with developers to build, refine, and deliver completed features to clients
- Provide architectural guidance and direction throughout the project lifecycle
- Drive our Scrum process and monthly sprint completion
In addition to a strong track record of working hard, taking ownership and learning new technologies quickly, you should have:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent professional software development experience
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- Experience solving medical informatics and bioinformatics problems (preferred)
- Authorization to work in the US - we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time
- Availability to work in Seattle or San Diego - we are unable to sponsor interview trips or offer relocation compensation at this time
Ready for a rewarding career where your work could improve people's lives? Email your resume to PMjobs@labkey.com, and please include your desired position in the subject line. Principals only; we will not respond to recruiters.
About LabKey Software
Founded in 2005 by former Microsoft, Amazon, and BEA Systems technical leaders, LabKey Software helps leading biomedical researchers make sense of their data. We build solutions tailored to our clients' needs by extending our secure, scalable, open-source platform for collaborative research. Our work benefits from and contributes to the open-source community, building an ever-more powerful and capable platform, available to everyone.